Search This Blog

Saturday 16 April 2011

Spotlight on...Rejuvenating Facial Serum

It may not look like much, but for me this little bottle has become an essential part of my skincare routine.  I have combination skin, with a tendancy for dryness around my mouth, lower cheeks and eyebrows, and an oily nose and forehead.  Before I started using the serum my skin was quite dull and not very smooth.  After about a month of using the serum (once a day in the morning), my skin was noticeably clearer, smoother and brighter.  I now use it twice a day - once in the morning and again just before bed.  For me it works as a moisturiser as well. 5 drops will cover my face and neck comfortably without greasiness, and I've noticed that my skin definitely looks better when I'm using it, than in the intervals between making new batches, when I'm not.

So what's in it? The key ingredients are Olive Squalane, Rosehip Oil. Carrot Tissue Oil and Papaya Seed Oil.

Squalane - identical to one of the components found in human sebum; prevents moisture loss and restores the skin's suppleness and flexibility; non-greasy and highly penetrating.

Rosehip Oil - a proven source of antioxidants; contains a natural derivative of Vitamin A (the anti-ageing skincare ingredient); with well documented skin rejuvenation properties.

Carrot Tissue Oil - high in Beta-Carotene (a pre-cursor to Vitamin A), antioxidants, and fatty acids. With skin smoothing and anti-ageing properties.

Papaya Seed Oil - has a high fatty acid content, making it an excellent moisturiser; helps to retain moisture in the skin.

Of course, I can't guarantee that it will work for you - everyone responds differently -  but if you think my description sounds like you, it might be worth a try. At £5.95 for 10ml (which will typically last 4-6 weeks) it's excellent value too.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
domain names