Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 December 2010

The 12 Crafts of Christmas #8 - Daniel Stallard

Daniel Stallard is a floral artist from Swansea. He paints vibrantly colourful images of all things flowery.  As a fellow admirer of flowers, I really love his work.  Some of the pieces are simply breathtaking.

In his own words, he describes why flowers inspire him: "About three years ago I noticed [flowers]. I know that may be a strange thing to say but before that flowers were just there. Then one day I couldn't get enough, every where I looked there they were, these ‘little explosions of colour’; all I knew was I desperately wanted to paint them...I find colour to be uplifting, so it is my aim as an artist to share my experiences through colour. I believe this to be what first drew me to flowers as a subject."



He will be at the Cardiff Castle Quarter Christmas Market, in High Street (at the bottom end of St. Mary Street) until Thursday 23rd December. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
domain names