Search This Blog

Sunday 28 March 2010

Make Time For Yourself

My older sister always makes time for grooming.  Regardless of what's going on, she'll put aside time to wash, scrub, buff and whatever else needs doing.  I used to be a bit of a slacker when it came to personal grooming; my main excuse being that I didn't have time.  So my grooming regime was a little haphazrd.  But in the last couple of months I've taken a leaf out of her book and started to make an effort to put some time aside every week.

Today, I was able to get it all done in about an hour :-)  My general routine is not massively involved, consisting of washing my hair (I have virgin Afro hair which I wash once a week), a face mask, full body exfoliation with a salt scrub, and waxing when needed.  It doesn't sound like much, but I've already started to see an improvement in my much neglected hair.  


If, like I used to, you always put off giving yourself a facial, or sorting out your feet, or whatever other grooming activity because you don't feel that you've got the time, try taking my approach to housework - don't try to do it all at once; pick a task or two to do a day, or every couple of days and before you know it you'll be smooth and glowing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
domain names